Thursday, November 19

Update

Unfortunately, I was wrong about my evening. No guitar, no 24; Karen had an enrichment activity. Blast those uplifting RS events! :) On the upside, I was able to spend a little time playing with David before I put him to bed. I remembered something I find very important as we were eating dinner, and that is, I am David's example. It was funny; as I poured myself a glass of water he instantly wanted a drink. He is mimicking the words Karen and I say now, and he even copies me when I walk around the house.

How important it is for me to realize how closely he watches. This is the point in his life where he can be shaped and taught how to act; however, most of the things he learns he learns by observation. Realizing how closely I'm watched will hopefully help me turn inward and analyze the things I do. Am I acting the way I would like my son to act? Are the things I say and do always appropriate? Am I emulating the Savior through my words and deeds? May the Lord help me be more like him.

2 comments: